Reliance Industries invests in Karkinos Healthcare
Mumbai, December 26, 2021: Reliance Digital Health Ltd, the wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited, has acquired a minority stake in Karkinos Healthcare, the technology driven oncology focussed managed health care platform.
Karkinos Healthcare is pioneering the Distributed Cancer Care Network model in India addressing clinical needs that will bring quality care closer to cancer patients.
Karkinos Healthcare has Ratan Tata, Venu Srinivasan, Kris Gopalakrishnan, Ronnie Screwvala, Vijay Shekar Sharma, Bhavish Agarwal amongst its set of investors. The Tata Group is investing Rs. 110 crore in Karkinos while Rakuten Medical, the global clinical stage biotechnology company, also holds a minority stake in the company.
Commenting on the investment, Venkataramanan R, Chief Executive Officer of Karkinos Healthcare, said, “The investment by Reliance is yet another validation of our pioneering model of Distributed Cancer Care and the potential impact it could have in the country. At Karkinos, we are overwhelmed with the support received from the leading business groups and personalities from corporate India. Cancer care continues to be one of the most underserved needs and we are focussed on scaling our presence in relevant parts of the country.”
Karkinos is pioneering the Distributed Cancer Care Network model in India addressing clinical needs of cancer patients. The company works with multiple healthcare institutions and professionals in the oncology ecosystem, successfully bringing care closer to patients backed by a robust technology platform. Karkinos already offers its services in Kothamangalam, Chottanikkara, Thodupuzha, Munnar locations across Ernakulum and Idukki Districts, in Kerala and is planning to ramp up its operations across India. The company is also setting up a Cancer Control Centre in Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) premises at Imphal, Manipur.
About Karkinos Healthcare Karkinos Healthcare is a technology driven oncology focussed managed health care platform for early detection and diagnosis of common cancers. The company espouses the use of a distributed cancer care network working with multiple healthcare institutions and professionals in the ecosystem with a view to get cancer care closer to the persons’ home by decoupling the delivery from the knowledge systems of care. For more information, visit https://www.karkinos.in/about–us
News in various publications
- Livemint: https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/reliance-industries-arm-invests-in-oncology-focussed-startup-karkinos-healthcare-11640522357951.html
- Business Standard: https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/ril-digital-health-invests-in-health-tech-startup-karkinos-healthcare-121122600608_1.html
- Times of India: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ril-arm-invests-in-oncology-focussed-startup-karkinos-healthcare/articleshow/88506680.cms
- Inc42: https://inc42.com/buzz/oncology-startup-karkinos-gets-investment-from-reliance-industries/
- Fortune India: https://www.fortuneindia.com/investing/soft-opening-seen-for-sensex-nifty-rbl-bank-hp-adhesives-ril-lupin-in-focus/106493