About Karkinos Healthcare
It is estimated that there are 2.25 million cases of cancer in India every year, which doubles every 10 years. Three-quarters of these cancers are detected in the late stages and mortality rates are devastatingly high because of lack of access to standardized cancer care. Whilst Indians are at the forefront of medical research in the West, India as a country is a laggard in researching and curing the condition.
The fundamental principle of Karkinos healthcare is democratization of cancer care in a participatory fashion with existing health providers, researchers and technologists. Our vision is to provide millions of cancer patients with affordable and effective treatments and have India become a leader in oncology research. Karkinos will be with the patient every step of the way, to advise them, connect them to the best specialists, and to coordinate their care.
Karkinos has an eclectic founding team with strong technology, healthcare and finance experience, and a panel of eminent clinical advisors in India and abroad.
- Diagnostic work .
- Participate in multidisciplinary cancer care .
- Appropriate counselling
- Evaluation and surgical management of common cancers and assist in complex cancer surgeries
- provide pre operative and post operative care
- Address surgical complication
- Provide follow up care
Quality Improvement Duties
- Quality control monitoring
- Organize multidisciplinary tumour boards, morbidity mortality meetings, infection control, pain control and other quality monitoring activities
- Ensure efficient functioning of the service using technology platform
- Participate in the health facility accreditation process
- proper documentation of patient related information
- Be accountable for own professional development as well as supervising, mentoring and training of others
Academic and Research Activities
- Engage in continuous medical education and skill upgradations.
- Participate in academic and research activities .
- Train other surgeons within the hospital and in the Karkinos cancer network on cancer diagnostic procedures and basic cancer surgeries.
- Be part of the public and professional awareness for wellness, preventive health and screening programs for cancer
- Facilitate conducive and stress free working environment.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Find us on
- LinkedIn: Karkinos Healthcare: Overview | LinkedIn
- Website : https://www.karkinos.in/
Join Us and be part of A Purpose Driven Technology led Oncology Platform
|Job Category||Medical Team|
|Qualification||M Ch/DNB (Surgical Oncology) or equivalent|
|Experience||Previous experience in major cancer centres preferred.|
|Location||Ernakulam and Idukki Districts in phase I and other districts of Kerala in phase II|
|Remuneration||Commensurate with Qualification & Experience|
|Languages||Proficient in local language and English|