About Karkinos Healthcare
It is estimated that there are 2.25 million cases of cancer in India every year, which doubles every 15 years. Three-quarters of these cancers are detected in the late stages and those who are diagnosed with cancer less than 30% comply and adhere to standardized treatment guidelines. These factors contribute to making cancer the second leading cause of mortality. These can be attributed to lack of integration of cancer care with primary healthcare and lack of access to standardized cancer care.
The fundamental principle of Karkinos healthcare is to integrate primary health and democratization of cancer care in a participatory fashion with existing health providers, researchers and technologists. Our vision is to provide millions of cancer patients with affordable and effective treatments and have India become a leader in oncology research. This we believe can be enabled with a robust technology backbone.
Karkinos will be with the patient every step of the way, to advise them, connect them to the best specialists, and to coordinate their care.
Karkinos has an eclectic founding team with strong technology, healthcare and finance experience, and a panel of eminent clinical specialists in India and abroad.
- Screening of NCD
- Take history and conduct general examination of patient for evidence of NCD and/or any common cancers
- Conduct specific examination to look for common malignancies including oral, breast, cervical, lung and colon
- Order necessary investigations for the patient
- Perform diagnostic procedures, interpret reports and treat as per Karkinos protocols
- Diagnosis, management and surveillance of common cancers under the guidance of oncologists
- Coordinate treatment plan as per Tumour Board guidelines
- Counsel the patient regarding course of disease, treatment plan and prognosis
- Assist in the day care chemotherapy unit under the guidance of oncologists
- Manage adverse effects of chemotherapy under the guidance of oncologists
- Cancer outreach activities and quality improvement
- Organise community awareness for wellness and preventive health and screening programs for cancer
- Maintain and continuously improve the quality of care and safety
- Ensure efficient functioning of the clinic using technology platform
- Maintain a stress-free environment at the clinic.
- Participate in the health facility accreditation process
- Engage in continuous medical education and research
- Command center patient navigation activities
- Evaluate patient records on Karkinos digital platform and provide doctors comments, medication recommendation and diagnostic investigations (pathology tests, imagine, etc.)
- Assess the risk of cancer based on the patient data
- Conduct teleconsultation with the patients and provide guidance
- Provide guidance for specific services / procedures planned for the patient
- Provide patient information and guidance to the internal stakeholders / experts as additional information for internal care planning for the patient.
- Be accountable for maintaining accurate patient records as per Karkinos Protocol.
- Assist the Director and the research team as required.
- Be accountable for Supervising, Mentoring and Training.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Find us on
- LinkedIn: Karkinos Healthcare: Overview | LinkedIn
- Website : https://www.karkinos.in/
Join Us and be part of A Purpose Driven Technology led Oncology Platform
|Job Category||Medical Team|
|Qualification||MBBS (Desirable : MD / DNB Family medicine or community Medicine)|
|Experience||2+ years of experience|
|Remuneration||Commensurate with Qualification & Experience|